A Cybersecurity Awareness Project focusing on media and youth awareness and digital/mobile money awareness to be rolled out from mid 2021 by:
The project has two components of research and development of technology-based solutions to improve access to justice at the community level focusing on women, children and vulnerable groups. The project will evaluate the long-running Malawi Human Rights Resource Centre Gender Based Violence project and adapt the model for expansion in new areas piloting technology to create reporting lines within the communities.
The Institutions and individuals working on the project include:
Funding is being sought from various international research agencies
The Centre is developing budget and public finances monitoring systems that will allow Malawians track budget, allocations and procurement. The project is to pilot at a few local councils once approved.
The Centre is currently reviewing a number of public interest projects including the following:
· MAREP Review (1980 to 2021)
· Review of Oil, Gas and Minerals licences, conditions, and returns (1964-2021)
· Public Procurement- Affordable Input Programme and its predecessors. (2000-2021)
· Public Procurement- Drugs and Healthcare equipment contracts
· Public Procurement- Water supply and boreholes contracts
· The Fuel levies- collection, usage and transparency management.
· Forests Logging licences- review of licenses covering and funds from Chikangawa, Nyika, Mulanje Mountain, Dedza, Zomba and Dzalanyama Forests.
· Lilongwe City Council- Land allocation, ownership, and systems. (1994-2021)
· Blantyre City Council- Land Allocation, ownership, and systems. (1994-2021)
· Local Government Revenue Analysis- Markets, Licences, and incomes in selected Councils.
· Indigenous empowerment and monopolies.
We hold events, presentations, and annual awards for Public Services. Our main Awards are:
- Public Service Awards
- Public Lectures
- The Future Awards
- Malawi 100 Men & Women Magazine
In October 2021 we will hold the first Women in Leadership Public Lecture celebrating women of Malawi.
The First Honours Roll of 100 Malawi Men and Women will be published on January 1, 2022
The Centre conducts community oriented projects that empowers them to directly demand accountability to all layers of d leadership, share of resources generated within the communities. The Centre welcomes proposals from communities in the fields of participation and any issue that affects their well being.